A gala fundraiser and tribute to the life, legacy and impact of Irene Sterian.
Join us November 23, 2022
Irene Sterian celebrated the unique potential in everyone, and on November 23rd we will honour Irene by helping many people to reach their full potential. A lifelong engineer at Celestica and IBM; and founder, President and CEO of REMAP - Irene had a profound impact on the Canadian advanced manufacturing ecosystem. She was an inspirational role model for women in STEM, a dedicated mother, and an advocate for the support, inclusion and independence of adults with special needs.
On November 23, 2022 we will bring together those who loved and respected Irene, honouring her life and legacy by raising funds in support of her two most cherished causes:
- Active Lives Canada: Adults with special needs face more challenges than ever – aging out of resources and facing a reduction in the services and funding they need to succeed in society. We will raise money for Active Lives Canada to realize their vision to build a ground-breaking, one-stop therapeutic centre serving the unique requirements of adults with exceptionalities.
- The Irene Sterian Scholarship for Women in Engineering: Our goal is to establish an endowment that will inspire future generations of trailblazing women. It is our hope that worthy engineering students enrolled at her alma mater, the University of Toronto, will be the benefactors of The Irene Sterian Scholarship for Women in Engineering in perpetuity starting in 2023.
About The Event
Join us at The Clubhouse at the Royal Woodbine Golf Course on November 23rd as we celebrate Irene and support these two important causes.
Starting at 6:00 p.m. the gala will include:
- A networking reception and gala dinner
- Real-time fundraising led by our dynamic emcee Layne, The Auctionista - Canada’s #1 Fundraising Auctioneer and “philanthrotainer”
- Engaging keynote speakers, door prizes and more surprises
Save the date & mark your calendars. Tickets will be available in late September.
Updates to follow on REMAP Twitter and Linkedin